| Editor in Chief: Dr. Jingxin Dong|
ISSN online: 1752-6590
ISSN print: 1752-6582
4 issues per year
IJOSM covers the business and government management aspects of ocean systems and activities, including ocean transportation, marine resource development, environmental management, public policy and ocean use, ocean mining, ports, ocean energy and fisheries. It particularly encourages work that successfully integrates theory, methodology and experience in the fundamental disciplines that constitute the ocean systems management area, such as engineering, economics, business administration, operations research, public policy analysis and law.
- Ocean systems/project management
- Ocean transportation, short sea shipping, passenger ferry management
- Marine resource development
- Environmental management, regulations/policy for the ocean environment
- Public policy and ocean use
- Ocean mining
- Maritime economics and business, ocean systems economics
- Technological innovation in shipping/ports, satellite applications
- Oil spill management
- Ship power quality
- Floating wind field management
- Sea wings and sea plane management
- Intermodal systems
- Knowledge-based policies/education, knowledge transfer in shipping firms
More on this journal...
IJOSM aims at serving the international ocean systems community by presenting ideas on subjects interrelated to the efficient and sustainable management of ocean systems. Special attention is given to the challenges of the 21st century: security, safety and sustainability. Reporting on business development, project management and technological innovation in ocean systems management is particularly encouraged.Readership
IJOSM is for professionals in the ocean and environmental related administration, industry and education. It aims to establish value-adding knowledge transfer and personal development channels in these areas.
IJOSM publishes original research papers providing significant results, and also communications innovative ideas and news, announcements and reviews regarding the topics of the journal.
More on permissions
IJOSM is indexed in:
IJOSM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dong, Jingxin, Newcastle University, UK
- Menelaou, Angelos, Frederick University, Cyprus
- Papadatos, Martin P., University of Cambridge, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Cariou, Pierre, Euromed Management, France
- Constantinou, Andreas, Frederick University (Limassol Campus), Cyprus
- Dikos, George, , Greece
- Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Kite-Powell, Hauke, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA
- Korovyakovsky, Eugene, Petersburg State Transport University, Russian Federation
- Nikolaidis, Emmanouil, ShipCon Limassol Ltd., Cyprus
- Pokharel, Shaligram, Qatar University, Qatar
- Prousalidis, John, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Psaraftis, Harilaos N., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Schinas, Orestis, HSBA Hamburg School of Business, Germany
- Sgouridis, Sgouris, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Tan, Kim Hua, Nottingham University, UK
- Tse, Kenneth, Yantian Port, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.