| Editor in Chief: Dr. M.A. Dorgham |
ISSN online: 2047-9069
ISSN print: 2047-9050
4 issues per year
IJCMME publishes original research contributions on computational microbiology, microbial bioinformatics, and medical ecology. It also covers all aspects of computational microbial ecology. The journal particularly welcomes contributions from studies in the Human Microbiome Project (HMP) and its ramifications in personalised medicine, and considers human microbiome research as a vitally important field of medical ecology, beyond the scope which the eminent microbiologist René Dubos provided regarding the subject several decades ago.
- Computational microbial genomics, metagenenomics and pangenomics
- Computational microbial metabolomics and proteomics
- Computational microbial bioinformatics
- Computational microbial system biology
- Computational intelligence approaches to microbiology and medicine
- Computational simulation of microbial gene mutation and evolution
- Computational and mathematical modelling of microbial evolution
- Computational and mathematical modelling for biomedical risk analysis
- Biostatistical approaches to computational microbiology and bioinformatics
- Complexity science approaches to microbiology and medicine
- Disease gene discovery
- Medical ecology and microbial system ecology
- Human microbiome
- Personalised medicine
- Biological/ecological networks of microbes
More on this journal...
IJCMME's primary objective is to provide a cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary platform to link computer and computational sciences with microbiology and emerging medical ecology. It also has an additional objective: to connect computational microbiologists and medical clinicians with a common goal to search for objective and critical information on medical treatments and healthcare strategies, especially on the implications of human genome and human microbiome studies to personalised medicine.Readership
The audience of IJCMME consists of computational biologists, computer scientists, bioinfomatists, bio-mathematicians, biostatisticians, microbiologists, molecular biologists, ecologists, biomedicine researchers, clinicians, and graduate students from the respective disciplines.Contents
IJCMME publishes peer-reviewed original research articles, clinical research reports, reviews and mini-reviews, opinions and commentaries. Cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary contributions are particularly welcome. Since the field of medical ecology is still in its infancy, the scope of the journal will co-evolve with respective research advances. Special Issues devoted to important topics in computational microbiology or medical ecology will occasionally be published.
This title is not yet published.
More on permissions
IJCMME is indexed in:
IJCMME is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Forney, Larry J., University of Idaho, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Geng, Jiawei, The First Peoples Hospital of Yunnan Province, China
- Ogilvie, Lesley A., University of Brighton, UK
- Ravel, Jacques, University of Maryland School of Medicine, USA
- Sur, Saubashya, Charite Universittsmedizin Berlin, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.