| Editor: Prof. Aida Sy |
ISSN online: 2046-8091
ISSN print: 2046-8083
4 issues per year
With a population of 1 billion in 2009 living in 54 different countries, Africa has a diverse economy that includes trade, industry, agriculture and its own population resources. AJAAF provides a forum for exploring African research on current and future issues in business and beyond. It brings together interested faculty, professionals, policy makers, accounting/auditing/finance students, and others concerned with professional and regulatory matters in the corporate, university, schools of business, government and financial sectors.
- Current issues
- Definition/role of bookkeeping, accounting and the audit of financial institutions
- Standard-setting, governments, IFRS
- Regulations, fraud, ethics and the role of finance
- Corporate governance and new audit technologies for global entities
- Regulation of the banking sector and accountability of government functions
- Importance of the labour process
- Accounting's role in international capital market reporting
- Big corporations, international institutions
- African critical studies, accounting history, accounting/auditing for global warming
- Role of accounting in slavery/colonialism, production/exploitation of raw materials
- Accounting and sustainable development
- Accounting, auditing and money laundering
- Education and training of future African leaders
- The expansion of business in Africa
More on this journal...
The principal object of AJAAF is to serve accounting, auditing, finance and business researchers and practitioners across the African continent and beyond to allow them to disseminate their research findings to the business community.Readership
The readership of AJAAF consists of academic institution professors, researchers, graduate students and accounting, auditing and finance professionals and business executives.Contents
AJAAF publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics within accounting, auditing and finance in Africa will occasionally be published.
AJAAF is indexed in:
AJAAF is listed in:
- Sy, Aida, Critical Accounting Projects Inc., USA
- James, Kieran, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Mickhail, George, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Owolabi, Akintola, Pan-African University, Nigeria
- Briggs, Susan, University of South Australia, Australia
- Casta, Jean-Francois, Université Paris Dauphine, France
- Degos, Jean-Guy, Montesquieu University, France
- Smith, L. Murphy, Murray State University, USA
- Tinker, Tony, Baruch College at the City University of New York, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Formigoni, Henrique, Presbyterian University Mackenzie, Brazil
- Forsberg, Per, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Garcia-Benau, Maria A., Universidad de Valencia, Spain
- Ghodbane, Sana Ben, IHEC Carthage, Tunisia
- Imoniana, Joshua Onome, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Kannaiah, Desti, RMIT University, Vietnam
- Mroczkowski, Nicholas A., Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Nkamnebe, Anayo D., Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria
- Vieira, Elisabete Simões, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Wynne, Andy, IDLEMAT, UK
- Zorio, Ana, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.