Special Issue on: "Intelligent Techniques for Ad-hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks"
Prof. Aboul Ella Hassanien, Cairo University, Egypt
Dr. Mohamed Elhoseny, Mansoura University, Egypt
Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharyya, RCC Institute of Information Technology, India
Recently, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) have gained great attention due to their ability to work effectively in different working fields. However, collecting and processing data in a WSN environment is still a big challenge because of the limitations of WSNs resources. There are great efforts to apply intelligent models in WSNs to collect, transmit, and process data especially in real time applications. This special issue aims to gather latest research and development achievements in this area and to promote their applications in all important fields with society needs. In addition, it aims to set the main guidelines towards building and implementing an intelligent data routing model that improves a WSN's performance.
The issue will provide a systematic overview and state-of-the-art research in the field of intelligent algorithms used in WSNs to improve their performance, and will outline new developments in fundamental, approaches, methodologies, software systems, and applications in this area.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Intelligent routing techniques in WSN
- Intelligent network clustering techniques
- Intelligent data fusion and aggregation
- Intelligent mobility management
- Intelligent query and data dissemination
- Intelligent resource management
- Intelligent routing in delay tolerant networks
- Intelligent routing protocols for WSN
- Intelligent self-organising networks
- Intelligent vehicular ad hoc network
- Reliability, resiliency and fault tolerance techniques
- Swarm intelligence based localisation in WSN Secure data routing in WSN
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email Guest Editor Dr. Mohamed Elhoseny at email@example.com.
Manuscripts due by: 31 October, 2017