Special Issue on: "Equity in Health and Health Care"
Dr. Xin Wu and Dr. Yan Ma, Fuzhou University, China
Prof. Yi Wei, Southwest University of Politics and Law, China
The purpose of this special issue is to highlight the latest interdisciplinary and innovative research, tools, methods and approaches to assess, reduce and prevent environmentally driven socioeconomic, ethnic and regional health disparities. We welcome manuscripts that link environmental, health and these factors including, but not limited to, spatial dimensions of health disparities, community capacity building for environmental justice and community based participatory research. Additionally, we also encourage submissions on policy analysis/policy decision-making that address social determinants of public health, and on analytical approaches that inform decision-making policies and program development/ implementation to reduce/ prevent public health disparities. Our aim is to advance health disparity research into the arena of public health and help accelerate efforts designed to improve access to healthier environments for vulnerable populations and to create healthier societies for all.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- assessing tools and methods of spatial dimensions of health disparities
- community based participatory research aim to reduce and prevent health disparities
- policy analysis/policy decision-making that address social determinants of public health
- analytical approaches that inform decision-making policies
- program development/ implementation to reduce/ prevent public health disparities
- international case studies and good practices
- reports related to innovative techniques
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 January, 2018
Notification to authors: 31 March, 2018
Final versions due by: 25 May, 2018