Special Issue on: "Artificial Intelligence Facilities Smart Cities Development"
Dr. Wei Fang and Prof. Xiaojun Wu, Jiangnan University, China
During urbanisation, several challenges have been raised and should be addressed, such as population explosion, rising levels of pollution, exponential growth of data, high cost of living, etc. It seriously affects the sustainable development of the economic society. To construct the smart city is a possible way to face these challenges and can improve the quality of citizensí life and the economic growth as well. New-generation technologies have been used extensively in smart city, such as cloud computing, Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, computational intelligence, etc. This special issue will focus on the new-generation technologies for smart cities development.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at The Third IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Smart city theory, modeling and simulation
- Smart transportation
- Smart healthcare
- Smart grid
- Smart buildings
- Smart manufacturing and logistics
- Artificial intelligence for smart city
- Computational intelligence for smart city
- Pattern recognition for smart city
- Big data for smart city
- Intelligent infrastructure
- Smart economy development
- Open data and big data analytics
- Safety and security systems
- Smart emergency management
- Smart environment and policy development
- Citizen engagement and smart governance
- Connected vehicle (CV) technologies
- Smart mobility and transportation
- Internet of things (IoT) for smart cities
- Intelligent vehicle-to-infrastructure integration
- Environmental monitoring technologies
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email Guest Editor Dr. Wei Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts due by: 11 March, 2018