Special Issue on: "Security, Privacy and Trust in Computing and Secured Transactions"
Dr. Marimuthu Karuppiah, VIT University Vellore, India
Dr. Javier Medina Quero, University of Jaen, Spain
With the prompt development and increasing complexity of computer systems and communication networks, user requirements for security, privacy and trust are becoming more and more demanding. Therefore, there is a grand challenge that traditional security technologies and measures may not meet user requirements in open, dynamic, heterogeneous, mobile, wireless, and distributed computing environments. As a result, we need to build systems and networks in which various applications allow users to enjoy more comprehensive services while preserving trust, security and privacy at the same time. As useful and innovative technologies, trusted computing and communications are attracting researchers with more and more attention.
This special issue focuses on innovative methods and techniques for addressing on trusted computing and communications, with regard to trust, security, privacy, reliability, dependability, survivability, availability, and fault tolerance aspects of computer systems and networks, and providing a forum to present and discuss emerging ideas and trends in this highly challenging research field.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trusted computing platform
- Trust semantics, metrics and models
- Trusted network computing
- Trusted operating systems
- Trusted and secure software and applications
- Trust, security and privacy in social networks
- Trust, security and privacy in grid/cloud/pervasive computing
- Trust, security and privacy in parallel and distributed systems
- Trust, security and privacy in e-commerce and e-government
- Risk and reputation management
- Trust, security and privacy in mobile and wireless communications
- Trust, security and privacy of 4G/5G
- Trust, security and privacy in database systems
- Trust, security and privacy of web applications and services
- Trust, security and privacy in network deployment and management
- Network security
- Computer security
- Policy, model and architecture of trust, security and privacy
- Authentication, authorisation and accounting
- Secure routing protocol in wireless networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editor Dr.Marimuthu Karuppiah at email@example.com.
Submission of manuscripts: 30 June, 2017
Notification to authors: 30 August, 2017
Final versions due: 30 October, 2017