Special Issue on: "New Trends in Agile Manufacturing: The Path to Intelligent, Competitive Manufacturing and Sustainable Growth"
Dr. Wan Ahmad Yusmawiza, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
For decades, industries in almost all markets have been facing increasing levels of competitiveness. There are many reasons for this, but most of them can be traced to some principal trends: pressure from global competitors, shortening product life cycles, customers demanding products with more features, higher quality, lower cost and the demand for more and more customised products.
However, many organisations are nowadays interested in adopting an agile manufacturing strategy that would enable them to compete in this competitive globalisation market. Agile manufacturing is a manufacturing philosophy that focuses on a systematic approach to co-operate with competitors, organizing to manage change, uncertainty and complexity and leveraging people and information.
We aim to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, practitioners, educators and research scholars to exchange, discuss and share their experiences and research results on recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted in all aspects of agile manufacturing, trends in strategic development for system agility as well as global supply chains agility.
- To address and deliberate on the latest technical status and recent trends in the research and applications of agile manufacturing and industrial technologies
- To interact and exchange their new ideas and research outcomes for future collaboration
- To motivate the next generation of researchers to promote their interests in agile manufacturing and industrial technologies and their applications
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Agile manufacturing technologies
- Agile organisation
- Product design and development
- Design for manufacturability and assembly
- Production process planning and development
- Strategic development for system agility
- Production planning and control systems
- Quality engineering and management
- Green manufacturing
- Agile information system
- Trends in manufacturing systems
- Global supply chains agility
- Complexity and uncertainty in supply chains
- Innovation and collaborative networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of manuscripts: 1 July, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 October, 2017
Final versions due: 1 December, 2017