Special Issue on: "Marketing Communications Technology Revisited: its Future and Applications"
Assoc. Prof. Christina Boutsouki, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Dr. Leonidas Hatzithomas, University of Macedonia, Greece
Assoc. Prof. Angeliki Gazi, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
To create rich, technologically enabled experiences, enterprises need close collaboration between marketing and IT. The merging of technology, media, and creativity is revolutionising marketing and business strategy.
The purpose of this special issue is to draw from methodological and disciplinary perspectives to examine issues related to the use of technology in marketing communications. Submissions from across academic fields are encouraged. Papers may include conceptual frameworks, literature reviews, experiments, surveys and qualitative approaches.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 4th international conference on contemporary marketing issues 2016 (ICCMI 2016), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use and effects of newer forms of media technologies
- Online and mobile marketing
- Social media as a tool to optimise marketing communication effectiveness
- AdWords and search engine optimisation
- Big data and marketing analytics
- Advert games as a new marketing communication vehicle
- Issues related to ethics and fairness of the use of technology in marketing communications
- The role of web technology on developing integrated marketing communications strategies
- Innovation in marketing communications
- Cross-cultural issues in marketing technology adoption
- Media literacy and persuasion knowledge of consumers
- Potential for positive and negative effects of technology to consumers
- Outlines how to adapt processes to keep up with and take advantage of rapid technological change
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editors Christina Boutsouki at email@example.com, Dr. Leonidas Hatzithomas at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angeliki Gazi at email@example.com.
Manuscripts due by: 30 April, 2017
Notification to authors: 30 June, 2017
Final versions due by: 31 August, 2017