Special Issue on: "Recent Progress in Clean Coal Research"
Dr. Binoy K Saikia, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, India
Coal is the most widely distributed fossil fuel. It has several important uses including the generation of electricity. However, it must be utilised effectively and sustainably in order to protect the environment. We aim primarily to accumulate some of the quality research and review papers on different topics of clean coal research. We want to focus on various issues related to the resource quality assessment and advancement in processing, beneficiation and utilisation technologies of coal around the world. We also intend to have an emphasis on the value addition of low-quality coal, coal-related environmental issues, and efficient utilisation of coal waste/by-products, such as coal fly ash management. The special issue will have a broader impact on the coal research communities.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Clean coal initiatives
- Advancements in coal beneficiation
- Coal Combustion and Carbonisation
- Coal chemistry, geochemistry and mineralogy
- Value addition to coal
- Utilisation of low-quality coal
- Fly ash management and environmental impacts of coal-based industries
- Advances in coal mine designing and mine planning
- Issues related to coal mining and occupational health
- Acid mine drainage
- Coal gasification and liquefaction
- Coal mine rejects and eco-restoration of mine dump
- Application of nanoscience in coal
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editor Dr Binoy K Saikia at email@example.com.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2017
Notification to authors: 31 May, 2017
Final versions due by: 30 July, 2017