Special Issue on: "High-Performance Computing Technologies and Emerging Services for IoT Systems"
Dr. Mehrnaz Moudi and Dr. Nasim Ferdosian, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
A view of internet of things (IoT) is as a network of items embedded with sensors that are connected to the internet. It is a networked connection of objects including computers, smartphones, sensors, humans, etc. The application areas of the IoT for sharing and communicating information on the internet are including but not limited to smart technologies, industrial automation, mobile communication networks (3G/4G/LTE/5G), high performance computing (HPC), cloud computing, green communication and applications, wearable health care systems and environmental monitoring and control. This special issue aims to prove high-quality and unpublished research papers on all of the facets and challenges of IoT services and HPC technologies. High-quality review and survey papers are welcomed as well.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- System architectures for the IoT
- Network-based computing: cloud computing; high performance computing
- Mobile applications, services and integrations
- Emerging IoT applications in 5G networks
- Novel distributed techniques (e.g. edge/fog computing)
- Software defined solutions for IoT
- Energy efficiency and energy harvesting in IoT
- Efficient resource allocation schemes, QoS, and QoE in IoT
- Data processing and anomaly detection for IoT networks
- Relay, multi-hop, and cooperative communication in IoT
- Adaptive and autonomic computing in the IoT
- Security and privacy in pervasive IoT scenarios
- Innovative Big Data processing for IoT
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of manuscripts: 31 January, 2017