Special Issue on: "Approaching Security Challenges and their Remedies"
Dr. N. Jeyanthi, VIT University, India
Dr. Hamid Mcheick, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
Dr. S. Srinivasan, Anna University, India
We, the end-users, always prefer not to spend more on resource utilisation, storage and administration. Also, we like to share resources with our fellow members. Ultimately this leads to networking. When networking plays a vital role in different forms, broadly wired and wireless, security is an inevitable issue.
Security attacks can arise from multiple sources. The attacker need not be a competitor or a foe, he or she can be an employee of the same institute - a dissatisfied employee or one who has been dismissed. Flash crowds and aggressive legitimate users also deplete resources and could also be attackers.
Network size has increased enormously. This special issue will therefore focus on the forthcoming, unidentified security issues in the various networking fields, and will also explore ways of mitigating threat vulnerability providing real-time solutions in cyberspace.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Security and privacy of data in mobile devices
- Security and monitoring of sensors in IoT
- Cyber security engineering
- Security and privacy of data in cloud computing
- Cloud Intrusion detection and mitigation
- Electronic commerce security
- Mitigating security issues in 3G and 4G networks
- Communication privacy and anonymity
- Distributed denial of service
- Security in routing
- End-to-end security and privacy
- Security challenges in mobile health care
- Wearable computing and body area networks
- NFC and li-fi security challenges
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 November, 2016
Notification to authors: 30 January, 2017
Final versions due by: 25 March, 2017