Special Issue on: "Internet of Things-based Cloud Computing"
Dr. P. K. Gupta, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Dr. Mayank Singh, Krishna Engineering College, India
Dr. Vipin Tyagi, Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, India
Dr. Tyson T. Brooks, Syracuse University, USA
Recent technological advances have completely changed the computing world. These advances are more human-centric and provide real-life solutions to issues. Internet of Things-based Cloud computing provides smart and faster real-life solutions in many areas such as eTransportation, eHealth, eAgriculture, etc. Applications being designed for the Internet of Things involve many challenges related to the designing of frameworks, algorithms, protocols and architecture.
The goal of this special issue is to present the latest and most innovative contributions concerning real-life use of the Internet of Things. It aims to publish high-quality papers that push research in all the facets of Internet of Things-based cloud computing. Contributors may present open technical evaluation and comparisons with existing standards. Theoretical as well as experimental studies related to real-life scenarios are encouraged.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences (ICACDS-2016), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internet of Things-based architectures
- Internet of Things-based eHealth applications
- Internet of Things in intelligent transportation
- Internet of Things-based big data analysis
- Knowledge-based discovery of devices in the Internet of Things
- Context-aware computing for Internet of Things
- Pervasive and ubiquitous computing for Internet of Things
- Modelling and communicating transparency in Internet of Things
- Cloud-based information security, trust and assurance
- Cloud-based Internet of Things architectures
- Smart things and RFID communications
- Cloud-based Internet of Things applications
- Practical experiences in smart cities, large-scale IoT Systems
- Cloud-based Internet of Things frameworks
- Internet of Things and mobile context awareness
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editors:
Dr. P.K. Gupta: email@example.com
Prof. Mayank Singh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Vipin Tyagi: email@example.com
Submission of manuscripts: 31 January, 2017
Notification to authors: 15 April, 2017
Final versions due: 15 June, 2017