Special Issue on: "Advances in Information Security, Privacy and Forensics of Multimedia Big Data in the Internet of Things"
Dr. B.B. Gupta, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
Dr. Shingo Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi University, Japan
Information security and privacy are essential needs for our modern society in which information technology and services pervade every aspect of our lives. Particularly, security and privacy of multimedia big data – which is becoming a part of daily life for accessing different systems, services and applications – is a serious issue. However, it is challenging to address as technology develops at rapid speed and our systems become ever more complex. The explosion of multimedia big data in Internet of Things (IoT) systems has created unprecedented opportunities and fundamental security and privacy challenges, as it is not just big in volume, but also unstructured and multi-modal.
This special issue intends to bring together state-of-art research and developments in security and privacy of IoT and secure IoT services, novel attacks on IoT services, novel defences for IOT service attacks, and forensics and IoT security analysis. We invite researchers to contribute original research articles as well as comprehensive review articles that seek to understand the various techniques addressing real-world IoT challenges and providing future improvements for security, privacy and forensics for IoT systems.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Security and privacy of big data in IoT
- Security and privacy management of multimedia big data in IoT
- Intrusion detection systems in IoT
- Security and privacy of pricing and billing for IoT services
- Cryptography, authentication, authorisation and usage control for IoT systems
- Security of mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in IoT
- Security of big data in mobile commerce and mobile IoT
- Big data-enabling social networks on mobile clouds and in IoT
- Security protocols in IoT
- Privacy protocols in IoT
- Forensics in IoT
- Social engineering, insider threats, advanced spear phishing in IoT
- Multi-modal information retrieval for big data in IoT systems
- Security and privacy of big data in MCC and cloud
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email Dr. B.B. Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscript submission deadline: 25 February, 2017