Special Issue on: "PLM for Manufacturing in the Aerospace Industry"
Jose Rios, Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain
Fernando Mas Morate, Airbus Group, Spain
PLM is a business solution, who aims to streamline the flow of information about the product and the related processes throughout the productís lifecycle, enabling the right information, in the right context and at the right time. PLM solutions allow managing large amounts of data that are generated in the various phases of the aircraft lifecycle to support efficiency, flexibility, and efficacy in the business processes. PLM is a supporting pillar for the Aerospace Industry.
Manufacturing engineering in the aerospace industry fill the gap between product design and shop floor production. It comprises the design of manufacturing and assembly processes and jigs & tools. PLM enables manufacturing engineering to get the advantage of state-of-the-art tools to perform its tasks in a virtual and collaborative environment.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research on methods and processes based on PLM usage within the manufacturing engineering scope
- Industrial application or experiences of methods and processes based on PLM usage within the manufacturing engineering context
- Concurrent or collaborative engineering between product development and manufacturing using PLM-based methods, processes and tools
- Configuration management for manufacturing: as planned and as built configurations
- PLM to integrate and deploy aircraft manufacturing related data
- PLM as an enabler of the aircraft digital twin/avatar/digital counterpart from a manufacturing perspective
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you are interested in contributing a paper to this special issue, please submit a one-page extended abstract with a cover letter to both guest editors for an initial review. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to submit full papers to the International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management.
Full paper due (via online system): 5 February, 2017