Calls for papers
International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems
Special Issue on: "Advances in Intelligent Machine Tools and Manufacturing"
Assoc. Prof. Hongrui Cao, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
Prof. Min Wan, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Assist. Prof. Xiaoliang Jin, Oklahoma State University, USA
Assoc. Prof. Yiqing Yang, Beihang University, China
Assoc. Prof. Lida Zhu, Northeastern University, China
Assist. Prof. Shixun Fan, National University of Defense Technology, China
Intelligent machine tools and manufacturing are frontier areas attracting global research and engineering efforts. This special issue aims to bring together papers that report recent advances and challenges in addressing problems and finding new solutions for intelligent machine tools and manufacturing. We hope to deliver readers promising new ideas and directions for future developments in this area.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Machine tool dynamics
- Mechanics of machining process
- Novel designs and smart structures in spindles, feed drives, guideways, etc.
- Sensors and actuators as applied to machine tools
- Machining process monitoring and control, including tool wear/breakage, chatter/vibration, collision, temperatures/thermal error, balancing, etc.
- Mode of intelligent manufacturing process
- Sensing, decision-making and control in manufacturing
- Condition monitoring and fault diagnosis
- Self-awareness and maintenance
- Big data and cloud-based manufacturing
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 July, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 October, 2017
Final versions due by: 1 December, 2017