Calls for papers
International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
Special Issue on: "Emerging Pervasive and Ubiquitous Networking"
Prof. Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
Prof. Thomas Kunz, Carleton University, Canada
Prof. Kui Wu, University of Victoria, Canada
Dr. Qingjiang Shi, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, China
The ever increasing market penetration of smart-phones, tablets, netbooks, Internet of Things and wearable devices, along with the ubiquitous availability of wireless networks are deeply influencing the way people live, work, interact, and socialise. The broad popularity and diffusion of innovative services and applications tailored at mobile users who are both service consumers and big data producers is also raising challenging research issues that require us to rethink available network and services technology solutions to meet the emerging needs of a broader and ever growing user base and voluminous network traffic.
Ubiquitous computing and communications has drawn significant interests from both academia and industry and continues to attract tremendous research efforts due to its promising new business opportunity in information technology and engineering. At their core, all models of ubiquitous computing share a vision of small, inexpensive, robust networked processing devices, distributed at all scales throughout everyday life and generally turned to distinctly common-place ends. This special issue discusses emerging trends on large-scale ubiquitous context analysis, management and value recreation. We are also interested in papers looking at service architectures, protocols, and standards for ubiquitous computing along with the related fundamental issues. Finally, we will explore works on novel applications and real-world services (and practices as well).
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the Sixth IEEE International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking (MoWNet'17), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cloud computing support for ubiquitous services and applications
- Data center architectures and protocols for ubiquitous data
- Green communications models, architectures, and networking solutions considering edge cloud and mobile cloud
- Ubiquitous self-* networks, services and applications
- Content distribution networks for ubiquitous applications
- Information centric networks
- Social networking solutions for pervasive and mobile environments
- Vehicular communications and vehicular ad-hoc networks
- Wireless-enabled peer to peer services and applications
- Internet of Things and M2M communications
- Ubiquitous sensing (e.g. participatory sensing and crowd sourcing)
- Context-aware middleware design, services and applications
- Security, trust, and privacy in wireless/mobile communications
- Cognitive radio networks (CRN) protocols, algorithms and implementation issues in ubiquitous context
- UAV networks, delay-tolerant wireless networks
- Software-defined wireless networks in ubiquitous context
- Network function virtualisation in wireless networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 10 September, 2017