Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies
Special Issue on: "Computational Intelligent Systems for Smart Life"
Dr. Ashraf Darwish, Helwan University, Egypt
Dr. Mrutyunjaya Panda, Utkal University, India
Prof. Abo Ella Hassanien, Cairo University, Egypt
In the modern world, each day brings facts and information that determines the need for efficient intelligent systems that are able to solve real-life applications. Therefore, intelligent systems are becoming a consolidated discipline which aims to improve various existing approaches to real world problems. Intelligent systems are emerging as a concept where every sensor, device, person, vehicle, building, and street in the areas can be used as a component to probe intelligent social for serving people and their lives.
One of the important research challenges today is to develop intelligent systems to enhance both human life and environment through a recurrent process of sensing, mining, understanding, and improving.
Intelligent systems and smart devices aim to understand the nature and behaviour of real world applications as in healthcare, military, and environment. Intelligent systems with smart devices and spaces can help the independence and executive functions, social communication as well as the security of people with special needs.
This special issue aims to use artificial intelligence techniques and the concept of smart networks to support the daily living of aging and special needs people by allowing independency using intelligent systems within smart environments.
The focus will be on theory, design, computational methods, techniques, and algorithms of intelligent systems in smart spaces.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intelligent systems of body area networks
- Wearable and implantable intelligent systems
- Smart sensors in science and engineering
- Intelligent systems on mobile, and wireless communication
- Intelligent systems for social welfare
- Intelligent systems for creating personal records
- Intelligent infrastructure
- Smart healthcare and emergency management
- Environmental monitoring technologies
- Internet of things and intelligent systems
- Smart home and smart buildings
- Smart manufacturing and logistics
- Smart city implementation
- Computational Intelligence
- Big data analytics
- Structuring and organising personal data
- Intelligent systems for healthcare monitoring
- Understanding human behaviour
- Interaction with the smart home
- Security and privacy of intelligent systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscript submission: 26 March, 2017