Calls for papers
International Journal of Environment and Pollution
Special Issue on: "Dioxins, Sources and Effects, Formation and Abatement"
Alfons Buekens, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Bogdan Dlugogorski, Murdoch University, Australia
Slawo Lomnicki , Louisiana State University, USA
Shengyong Lu, Zhejiang University, China
Kees Olie, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Masaki Takaoka, Kyoto University, Japan
The Special Issue aims at presenting or reviewing the more recent findings on dioxins from incineration and metallurgy, the evolution in techniques to prevent, adsorb, or oxidise dioxins and to detoxify fly ash and soil contaminated with dioxins and other, related persistent organic pollutants.Subject Coverage
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emission inventories of dioxins
- Monitoring of dioxins
- Open burning: main source of dioxins?
- Metal catalysis and dioxins formation
- De novo pathways towards chlorinated aromatics and dioxins
- Precursor route of dioxins formation: the PCDF/PCDD ratio
- Incineration and dioxins: progress of the last 25 years
- Cleaning flue gases from dioxins
- Destruction of POPs and dioxins
- The fingerprint or signature of dioxins
- Thermodynamic aspects of formation and destruction of dioxins
- Chemical and physicochemical properties of dioxins
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning the special issue, please email the Guest Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of Manuscripts: 16 May, 2016