Calls for papers
International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems
Special Issue on: "Advanced Manufacturing of Engine Components for the Aeronautical Sector"
Francisco J. Campa and Naiara Ortega, University of the Basque Country, Spain
The current trend in the aeronautical sector demands more efficient aero-engines, which means more advanced manufacturing processes for new components and materials. This special issue will cover the state-of-the-art in manufacturing processes, machines, tools, metrology and inspection for the manufacturing of components for the aero-engine of the future.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced processes for aero-engine components manufacturing
- Machining of superalloys and other advanced materials
- New advances in machining processes (turning, milling, drilling, grinding, turn-milling, multitasking)
- Non-conventional machining processes (EDM, chemical machining, ultrasonic machining and other processes)
- Advanced welding processes
- Advanced forming processes
- Advanced casting processes
- Lasers and laser processing
- Additive manufacturing
- Modelling of manufacturing processes for aero-engine manufacturing
- Process dynamics modelling
- Chip formation modelling
- Modelling of temperatures
- Modelling of surface integrity
- Advanced machine tools and mechatronic systems for aero-engine components manufacturing
- Innovative fixtures
- New tools for aero-engine components manufacturing
- New metrology and surface integrity control systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
After online submission, you may email one copy in the form of a PDF or MS Word file to the Guest Editors:
Francisco J. Campa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Naiara Ortega: email@example.com
Please also copy in IJMMS's Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts due by: 30 September, 2015