Calls for papers
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Special Issue on: "Information Science Insights and Contributions to Enhance International Entrepreneurship"
Prof. Leo Paul Dana, Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier Business School, France
Prof. Robert Doktor, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA
Prof. Tung Bui, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA
The goal of this special issue is to explore new insights from the information science discipline which may contribute to the development of the field of international entrepreneurship, globally and across all cultures and economies.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Global collaborative systems and international entrepreneurship; see L.P. Dana, et al., "The Global Reach of Symbiotic Networks", Journal of Euromarketing 9(2), June 2001, pp. 1-16
- Social media in support of international entrepreneurship across cultures; see R.W. Wright, et al., "Trends in international business research: Twenty five years later", Journal of International Business Studies, 1994, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 687-701
- Knowledge systems technology and international entrepreneurship; see Hamid Etemad, et al., "The knowledge network of international entrepreneurship: Theory and evidence", Small Business Economics, 2003, pp. 5-23
- E-government in the development of international entrepreneurship; see P.B. Cragg, et al., "The evolution of information systems in small firms", Information and Management, 1995, pp. 1-8
- International entrepreneurship and the digital economy; see: Hamid Etemad, et al, "Internetization as the necessary condition for internationalization in the newly emerging economy", Journal of International Entrepreneurship 8(4), 2010, pp. 319-342
- Information systems and international entrepreneurship in developing economies; see G.S. Mort, et al., "Networking capability and international entrepreneurship: How networks function in Australian born global firms", International Marketing Review, 2006, pp. 549-572
- Scope of international entrepreneurship; see: Stephen Young, et al., "International Entrepreneurship Research: What Scope for International Business Theories?", Journal of International Entrepreneurship 1(1), March 2003, pp. 31-42
- Directions for future research; see L.P. Dana et al., "International Entrepreneurship: Research Priorities for the Future", International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business 3(1), January 2009, pp. 90-134
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 December, 2016