Calls for papers
International Journal of Environment and Health
Special Issue on: "Environment, Health and Business Management: Linking Efficiency and Effectiveness to Viable Sustainability"
Sergio Barile and Cristina Simone, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
In developed countries, during the last few years, policy makers and scholars have shown increasing interest in knowing how firms actually perceive “sustainability” and decide about sustainability-oriented strategies.
Firms have become more and more involved in eco-efficiency strategies focused on reducing energy and resource consumption, minimising waste generation, etc. Over the next years the true challenge for firms and their managers will be linking efficiency and effectiveness to viable sustainability. For these reasons, corporate aims and managerial decision-making processes should not be ignored in the effort to promote a sustainable economy.
The aim of this special issue is to offer to policy makers and academics deeper insights into understanding corporate environmental behaviour.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sustainable and responsible business
- SMEs and the environment
- Corporate sustainability and social responsibility (CSSR), economic performance and value creation
- CSSR performance measurement
- Sustainability and the service science-based perspectives
- The viable systems approach (VSA) to sustainability
- Managing business sustainability: the role of core capabilities
- Technology, production and sustainability
- Green value chains and sustainable competitive advantage
- Green value chains: the role of supply chain management and logistic operators
- Greenwashing or the dark side of CSSR
- Health, HRM and CSSR: promoting organisational wellness
- Designing sustainable organisations: the human factor
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of abstract for evaluation (via email): 15 February, 2015
Notification to authors of abstract acceptance: 15 March, 2015
Submission of invited full papers (online): 15 July, 2015
Notification to authors of full paper acceptance: 30 September, 2015
Final versions due by: 30 November, 2015