Calls for papers
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Special Issue on: “Youth Involvement in Entrepreneurship in the Developing World”
Guest Editor: Thomas Schøtt, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
The special issue aims at enhancing understanding of young people’s background, attitudes and competencies for entrepreneurial careers, and of young entrepreneurs’ motivation and work, in the context of framework conditions in the developing world.
Articles must be focused on youth (up to 34 years old), should not be case studies but should seek statistical generalisability across countries in the developing world, and should take advantage of cross-nationally comparable data such as those available from Global Entrepreneurship Monitor.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Young persons’ education and training for entrepreneurship
- Young persons’ entrepreneurial competencies
- Young persons’ attitudes toward entrepreneurship
- Young persons’ inheritance of vocations of parents
- Young persons’ entrepreneurial intention
- Young person’s motives for entrepreneurial pursuits
- Inclusiveness with respect to gender, age, education, income, etc.
- Family involvement in businesses run by young entrepreneurs
- Young entrepreneurs’ financing
- Young entrepreneurs’ aspirations
- National framework conditions affecting youth involvement in entrepreneurship
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written)
All papers are refereed through a double blind process.
All papers must be submitted online. Please read our Submitting articles page
Manuscripts due by: 30 November, 2015