Calls for papers
International Journal of Space-Based and Situated Computing
Special Issue on: "Future Internet: Services and Data Management"
Rubem Pereira, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Ella Pereira, Edge Hill University, UK
Irfan Awan, University of Bradford, UK
This special issue will focus on the efforts and directions being proposed for the future internet, including the services that are envisaged and the techniques for management, analysis and visualisation of big data. For instance, cloud computing services have the ability to provide the resources –computation, storage and networking in a secure manner – to support big data management and processing. It aims at disseminating research contributions detailing and promoting advances in the emerging technical, architectural, operational and deployment aspects of infrastructure, services and tools for the future internet and big data.
The issue is aimed at academics and practitioners in the emerging services associated with the future internet and the growing body of professionals, both in industry and academia, working with techniques associated with big data in a wide range of applications and domains.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International TeNAS13 (https://sites.google.com/site/tenasorg/tenas2013) and TeNAS14 (https://sites.google.com/site/tenasorg/) workshops, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Smart spaces
- Content-aware and information-centric networks
- Middleware and architectures
- Intelligent transport systems (ITS) and application design
- Digital home networking and applications
- Next generation networks, fixed-mobile convergence
- Network planning, operation and management
- Emerging technological developments in data communication
- Internet security
- Future network management trends, applications and network automation
- Big data and applications
- Sensing, data acquisition and querying
- Service, process and information models
- Advances in performance measurement and management of the future internet
- Virtualisation of resources and services
- Management of cloud computing infrastructures
- Efficient management of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 15 September, 2014
Notification to authors of first round review: 31st October, 2014
Submission of revised manuscripts: 30th November, 2014
Notification to authors of final decision: 5th January, 2015
Final versions due by: 30 January, 2015