Calls for papers
Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting
Special Issue on: "Recent Financial Developments in Vietnam"
Dr. Xuan Vinh Vo, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City - UEH, Vietnam
Associate Professor Kevin Daly, University of Western Sydney, Australia
Vietnam is an emerging economy where the economic opening and reform has transforming the economy from a central planned economy into a more market-oriented one. Since the Doi Moi economic reform in the mid 1980s, economic performance has been quite impressive. The Vietnam market is becoming more integrated into the world economy and there is an increasing presence of foreign investors in terms of FDI and portfolio investment in the country.
One of the main drivers of Vietnamese economic successes is the constant development in finance and the evolution of the banking and financial system. The constant changes in the financial landscape of Vietnam have attracted great interest from academic researchers, policy makers, institutional and foreign investors worldwide. This special issue is aimed at encouraging academic researchers worldwide to examine different aspects of constant and rapid changes in financial markets and financial system of Vietnam.
This Call invites both theoretical and empirical studies on those topics that are specific to the Vietnamese setting and can provide useful policy implications.Subject Coverage
Possible research areas include, but are not limited to, following:
- Financing decision making in entrepreneurial and small firms
- Corporate governance in entrepreneurial and small firms
- Entrepreneurial governance and financial crisis
- Financing issues of entrepreneurial and small firms
- Financial management in entrepreneurial and small firms
- Corporate governance, disclosure and transparency issues of entrepreneurial and small firms, including IPOs and post-IPO performance
- Financial institutional reform and impacts on entrepreneurial finance
- Financial institutional liquidity management and impacts on performance
- Role of FDI and the economy
- Role of foreign investors in stock markets
- Management of commercial banks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of Manuscripts: 30 April, 2015