Calls for papers
International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems
Special Issue on: "Sustainable Manufacturing Systems"
Prof. Tugrul Özel, Rutgers University, USA
This special issue aims to bring researchers together to present the latest advances in the fields of sustainable products and processes, industrial energy efficiency and sustainable manufacturing systems; process modelling, system modelling, control and optimisation; material handling, production planning, scheduling, and smart and automated systems to increase efficiency and reduce the ecological impact of manufacturing processes and systems.
This issue invites the submission of high-quality research articles relating to sustainable manufacturing systems.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to, the following:
- Decision support for sustainable manufacturing
- Design of products and processes for sustainability
- Energy-efficient machine tools
- Energy-efficient manufacturing processes
- Green or environmentally benign manufacturing
- High-efficiency process design and optimisation
- Intelligent and smart systems for industrial energy efficiency
- Multi-criteria optimisation for sustainable manufacturing
- Reconfigurable manufacturing systems
- Waste reduction in manufacturing processes
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of full papers: 30 April, 2014