Calls for papers
International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
Special Issue on: "Mobility Management and Wireless Access"
Dr. Ángel Cuevas Rumín, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Dr. Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of Patras and Computer Technology Institute, Greece
Over the last few years there has been a huge growth in the area of access to wireless networks as well as in mobility management. As a consequence, today we use a large number of mobile devices that use wireless links to communicate.
In addition, mobility management and wireless access are still very relevant topics in the research arena that lead to a large number of related events wherein researchers and professionals present new advances that aim to provide users with a better day-to-day experience. For instance, in the recent years some commercial airlines have started providing their clients with internet access during the flight duration.
Therefore, this special issue aims at receiving significant contributions that extend the current state of the art with innovative ideas and solutions in the broad area of mobility management and wireless access.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 11th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (Mobiwac 2013), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this special issue.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following in the context of pervasive and ubiquitous computing:
- Mobile cloud computing
- Wireless/mobile access protocols
- Wireless/mobile web access
- Wireless internet and all-IP integration
- Next-generation wireless systems
- Mobile broadband wireless access
- Pervasive communication and computing
- Ubiquitous and mobile access
- Wireless applications and testbeds
- Multi-homing and vertical handoff
- Multi-channel multi-radio MAC/network layer management
- Channel and resource allocation algorithms
- Energy and power management algorithms
- Multi-technology switching using software-defined radios
- Context-aware services and applications
- Context-aware protocols and protocol architectures
- Interactive applications
- Mobile database management
- Wireless multimedia protocols
- Mobile and wireless entertainment
- Mobile info-services
- Social mobile networks
- Social mobile applications
- QoS management
- Mobility control and management
- Localisation and tracking
- Mobile/vehicular environment access
- Wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
- Security, trust management and privacy issues
- Fault tolerance solutions
- Wireless systems design
- Analysis/simulation of wireless mobile systems
- Testbeds for experimental and simulation analysis
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Paper submission: 10 February, 2014 (extended)
First notification: 1 May, 2014
Revised manuscript submission: 1 July, 2014
Final decision: 1 September, 2014