Calls for papers
International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
Special Issue on: "Advances in Transparent Computing"
Guojun Wang, Central South University, China
Ivan Stojmenovic, The University of Ottawa, Canada
Gregorio Martinez, The University of Murcia, Spain
Michael Greene, Intel Corporation, USA
Computing paradigms have greatly evolved with rapid advances in hardware, software and networking technologies. Transparent computing (TC), as user-controlled cloud computing, is an emerging technology with the features of streaming-based scheduling and execution, user orientation and platform independence. TC enables users to accomplish local tasks efficiently and flexibly through any type of device while demanding from computing and storage services residing in remote servers.
Typical TC applications, such as transparent regional medical information sharing systems and transparent campus information systems, need to use high performance computing (HPC) technology to share the computing tasks of terminals. Furthermore, similarly to the Internet of Things (IoT), TC adapts to heterogeneous networks and protocols in order to allow people to enjoy intelligent services anytime and anywhere. Finally, security and reliability is another crucial issue to the success of TC. Therefore, high performance and transparent computing (HPTC), the Internet of Things and transparent computing (IOTC), and security and reliability in transparent computing (SRTC) are attracting more and more attention from researchers and practitioners.
Motivated by TC’s fundamental features and their combination with existing techniques (i.e. HPTC, IOTC and SRTC), this special issue aims to collect quality research articles with a solid background in both theoretical and practical aspects.
The special issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at three upcoming joint international workshops, co-located in Zhangjiajie, China, taking place on 13-15 November, 2013:
However, we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- High performance and transparent computing architecture
- Systems, software and applications for high performance and transparent computing
- Languages and compilers for high performance and transparent computing
- Resource management and scheduling for high performance and transparent computing
- High performance and transparent networks
- Mobility management for internet of things and transparent computing
- Theoretical foundations and building blocks for internet of things and transparent computing
- Internet of things and transparent computing-enabled networks and communication systems
- Metrics and performance evaluation for internet of things and transparent computing
- New applications and services and their deployment with internet of things and transparent computing
- Security in virtualized transparent computing environments
- Cryptography and encryption techniques for transparent computing
- Reliability of systems, applications, software and services in transparent computing
- Performance and reliability engineering in transparent computing
- Repair/replacement and maintenance policies in transparent computing
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Paper submission: 15 March, 2014
Decision notification: 15 June, 2014
Revised paper submission: 15 August, 2014
Final paper submission: 15 September, 2014