Calls for papers
International Journal of Web and Grid Services
Special Issue on: "Next-Generation Web Services and Distributed Architectures in the Future Internet"
Francesco Palmieri, Second University of Naples, Italy
Antonio Skarmeta, University of Murcia, Spain
Emerging large-scale distributed computing paradigms such as clouds and grids allow their users to locate applications/services and computing and storage resources anywhere in the world, relying on a completely "transparent" transport infrastructure, according to an abstract model that hides the resources' specific physical location by providing declarative interfaces to services known as Web Services, including messaging protocols, standard interfaces, directory services, as well as security layers, for efficient/effective business application integration.
The Internet is often the basis of these paradigms; it has grown very quickly in recent years in its pervasiveness and coverage, empowering a large variety of network-based cooperative systems ranging from ubiquitous and pervasive computing infrastructures and web-based systems to the Internet of Things.
This scenario, despite its great potential impact on the information society, also raises new performance, security, privacy and multi-tenancy support concerns, and poses new research challenges associated with the involved communication and service delivery solutions.
Accordingly, the goal of this special issue is to feature latest advances and directions in this amazing evolution process by exploring the potential of new architectures, protocols, services and applications in the next generation future Internet environment.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA 2013), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Next generation network services, protocol design and evaluation
- Network solutions for fully distributed architectures (clouds, grids)
- Distributed algorithms and systems for grid and cloud environments
- Security and privacy in grid and cloud organisations
- Security and privacy in web services
- Discovery and search in the web of services
- Cloud-based service for future Internet
- Web of things
- Wireless and mobile communications in the internet of things scenario
- Pervasive and ubiquitous services
- Ontologies for interoperability
- Methodology and practice of semantic grid and web
- Web and grid service-based applications
- Semantic middleware improving distributed information access in grid and cloud organisations
- Scalability of identification systems for the future Internet
- Multimedia communication and applications in future Internet
- Overlay and programmable networks and distributed infrastructures
- Content delivery networks
- Agents, mobile agents and knowledge-based technologies in web and grid services
- Architectures for collective knowledge systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 15 July, 2013
Notification to authors: 15 September, 2013
Final versions due by: 15 October, 2013