Calls for papers
International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies
Special Issue on: "Ontology Paradigms in Software Programming Languages"
Dr. Saqib Saeed, Bahria University, Pakistan
Dr. Rene Robin, Jerusalem College of Engineering, India
Software development is a complex activity and most programming languages support only one or a few programming paradigms such as concurrent, object-oriented or functional ontologies. As a result, software developers may have to mix and match between different programming paradigms in different programming languages to accomplish their task, which can be tedious.
The addition of ontology paradigms into mainstream programming languages has improved the efficiency of implementing business domains. This special issue explores the development of meta-domain-specific language in current mainstream programming languages.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge representation in programming language
- Description logics for meta-DSL
- Domain-specific modelling
- Modelling language for domain experts
- Incorporating ontology into programming language
- Multi-paradigm programming language
- Meta-domain-specific language
- Foundational ontology
- Modelling ontologies as executable DSL
- Semantic-based software development
- Programming languages and metaprogramming
- Ontology-driven software architecture
- Ontology integration, merging and mapping
- Ontology-based software engineering
- Ontology and software development processes
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Deadline for submissions: 31 March, 2013
Results notification: 31 May, 2013
Final submission: 1 October, 2013