Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies
Special Issue on: "Computational Intelligence and Pervasive Computing Environments"
Prof. Dr. Charalampos Konstantopoulos, University of Piraeus, Greece
Prof. Dr. Damianos Gavalas, University of the Aegean, Greece
Prof. Dr. Grammati Pantziou, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece
Pervasive computing creates a networked computing infrastructure aiming to assist in everyday activities in a seamless and unobtrusive way. The basic building blocks of this technology are wireless devices such as sensors, actuators, RFID, smartphones, etc.
Computational intelligence in this context is essential as information from different networked devices should be combined and assessed, and then proper actions should be quickly inferred in response to events occurring in the deployment area.
This special issue will focus on computational intelligence techniques that can be employed in pervasive computing, and will also identify new possibilities, opportunities and challenges arising in that respect.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Energy-efficient computational intelligent techniques in wireless sensor/actuator networks
- RFID/NFC technologies
- Distributed algorithmic techniques in pervasive computing
- Mobility-aware techniques in pervasive computing
- Context-aware computing
- Positioning and tracking techniques
- Opportunistic pervasive computing
- Data fusion
- Context-aware recommender systems
- Service adaptation in pervasive environments
- Web services in context-aware environments
- Intelligent agents in pervasive systems
- Cyber foraging
- Computational intelligence in home automation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Manuscript submission deadline: 31 October, 2012
First notification: 31 December, 2012
Submission of revised paper: 31 January, 2013
Notification of acceptance: 20 March, 2013