Calls for papers
Progress in Industrial Ecology, An International Journal
ICOMEP'21: Special Issue on: "Environmental Management and Sustainability: Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic"
Prof. Rui Alexandre Castanho, WSB University and University of Johannesburg, Poland and South Africa
Prof. Ayfer Gedikli, Düzce University, Turkey
Prof. Seyfettin Erdogan, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey
Assist. Prof. Abdullah Kutalmis Yalçin, Düzce University, Turkey
This special issue aims to collect studies investigating the effects of global macroeconomic uncertainty and COVID-19 in several sectors: ecology, management, economics, and politics, among others. Contextually, it is targeted to promote policy recommendations to the benefit of the researchers and policymakers.
Therefore, the manuscripts will be written by both academic authors and practitioners of the above-mentioned thematic fields.
The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Congress of Management, Economy and Policy (ICOMEO'21) for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- The effects of COVID-19 on the ecology sector (national/regional and global level)
- The effects of COVID-19 on global and regional imbalances (national/regional and global level)
- The effects of COVID-19 on different sectors (national/regional and global level) tourism, agriculture, transportation, IT, manufacturing etc.
- The fluctuation/volatility of energy prices in different sectors
- Empirical analysis and theoretical analysis of sectoral indicators and policies
- Energy efficiency in different sectors: (tourism, transportation, industry, aviation etc.)
- The effects of global imbalances on employment in different sectors
- The effects of macroeconomic imbalances and macroeconomic policies on the sustainable development
- Policy recommendations for the post-pandemic period
- Environmental degradation and protection policies during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Governments, political parties and NGO's perception and actions towards COVID-19 pandemic management
- International cooperation to overcome the negative effects of the pandemic
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2023