Calls for papers
International Journal of Sustainable Society
RBDS-2020: Special Issue on: "Sustainability and Marketing in the Emerging Markets"
Dr. Pawan Kumar, Dr. Rajesh Verma and Dr. Rahul Sharma, Lovely Professional University, India
This special issue aims to bring insights into the key aspects of sustainability and marketing in the age of disruptions. The alignment of sustainability and marketing is being realised and organisations are embedding sustainability into marketing practices through understanding change in consumer mindset and purchase decision making in the emerging markets. Driven by a greater awareness of both global issues and businesses' ability to solve these problems, increasing examples of the business benefits to be achieved by embedding sustainability into marketing practices, and by a change in consumer mindset and purchase decision making.
Emerging market firms seek to understand the competitive advantages that can result from effective sustainability strategies. We aim to look at presenting the emerging issues and highlight the imperatives for sustainability marketing adoption in the emerging markets, identify challenges that are encumbering them from adopting sustainability marketing orientation and proposes a research agenda for a better understanding of the construct in the emerging markets through empirical and original papers from which general conclusions for the application of sustainability and marketing can be drawn.
The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the Rethinking Business: Designing Strategies in the Age of Disruptions (RBDS-2020) for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Technology and sustainability
- Innovation for sustainability in emerging markets
- Sustainability and Marketing in tourism, healthcare
- Sustainable product design and supply chain
- Market focused sustainability
- Sustainable marketing and ecological balance
- Regional development through sustainability
- Sustainable consumer behaviour
- Sustainable economy
- Role of CSR in sustainability
- Creating business value through sustainable marketing strategies
- Branding and sustainability in the emerging markets
- Green marketing and environmental management
- Case-studies on sustainability in protected areas
- Business model and theories in sustainable development
- Social and Economic development through sustainability
- Sustainability marketing in SME's
- Consumerism and sustainability
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2021
Notification to authors: 15 May, 2021
Final versions due by: 15 June, 2021