Special Issue on: "Recent Advances in Web Based and Intelligent Collaborative Engineering"
Dr. Millie Pant, IIT Roorkee, India
Dr. Ajeet Singh Poonia, Government College of Engineering and Technology, India
Dr. Sebastian Basterrech, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic
Mr. Chitresh Banerjee, Amity University, India
The aim of the special issue is to highlight the latest advances, problems and challenges and to present the latest research results in the field of web based and intelligent collaborative engineering with a link to scientific research and its practical implementation. Collaborative engineering is the field which studies the interactive process of engineering collaboration that involves integrating many diverse functional areas. The speed of innovation and competitiveness are linked to the ability to control the entire life cycle of their products and also to work effectively with their entire ecosystem (employees, partners, suppliers, customers, regulators, etc.). The methods and tools of Collaborative Engineering aim in particular to co-design efficiently and to carry out in advance the arbitrations to integrate all the needs and all the constraints. Web based collaborative engineering aims to integrate collaborative design, concurrent engineering and new web technologies to ensure a comprehensive control over the complete life cycle of the product. Clubbed with Intelligent systems they provide a paradigm to sustain a competitive edge in the business market by improving the engineering product development capability and quality.
In the past few decades there has been an interesting rise in the application of web based and intelligent collaborative engineering. The primary objective of this issue is to bring forward thorough, in-depth, and well-focused development in the field of web based and intelligent collaborative engineering.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at International Conference on Recent Advances and Applications in Computer Engineering (RAACE2017) but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Collaborative design, cooperative design
- Collaborative development
- Collaborative manufacturing
- Collaborative lifecycle management
- Collaborative decision making
- Team performance management
- Intelligent and knowledge based systems
- Knowledge discovery, knowledge engineering
- Knowledge management, knowledge integration
- Cloud based collaborative task management
- Real time synchronisation management
- Server-less collaborative systems
- Cross-platform collaborative systems
- Peer-to-peer collaborative systems
- Multi-tiered client server collaborative systems
- Decentralised collaborative systems
- Distributed collaborative systems
- Parallel collaborative systems
- Email based collaborative systems
- Security focused collaborative systems
- Agile collaborative systems
- Grid collaborative systems
- Enterprise social systems and community
- CRM and extranet
- Groupware and collaborative engineering
- Information management and collaborative systems
- E-learning and collaborative systems
- Virtual team and environment
- Virtual enterprises
- Web engineering
- Engineering education
- Collaboration and semantic web
- System oriented engineering
- Service oriented engineering
- Artificial intelligence and collaborative systems
- Intelligent medical technologies and biomedical engineering
- Multimedia and collaborative engineering
- Software engineering and collaborative engineering
- Smart environments
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 10 February, 2018