Special Issue on: "Advances in Laser-Based Manufacturing"
Prof. Uday S. Dixit, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
Prof. Tugrul Ozel, Rutgers University, USA
This special issue aims to bring researchers together to present the latest advances in the field of laser-based manufacturing processes, equipment and related systems, including process innovation, process modelling, process control and optimisation, computational modelling and data analytics.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews of current laser-based manufacturing and applications
- Novel applications of laser-based manufacturing
- New or modified laser-based manufacturing techniques
- Laser material processing system design and computer integration
- Sensor fusion and process control for laser-based manufacturing
- Mechatronics for laser-based manufacturing
- Laser forming, welding, cutting and polishing systems
- Laser-based additive manufacturing systems
- Intelligent process strategy generation and optimisation
- Decision support systems for laser-based manufacturing
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 1 September, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 November, 2017
Final versions due by: 1 December, 2017