Special Issue on: "Bio-Inspired Computing Systems and Their Applications in Medical Image Processing"
Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah and Dr. N. Suresh Kumar, VIT University, India
Dr. Masrah Azrifah Azmi Murad, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Due to rapid growth in technology and advancements in the medical field, responsive systems are used therewith generating a huge volume of data in a variety of formats, especially image data. The processing of these medical images involves extracting the information to diagnose the disease. Moreover, the prediction and classification process involved in medical image processing requires significant attention to accuracy. Subsequently, expecting practitioners with a set of “good practice” recommendations for designing and implementing an accuracy assessment of a medical image based on the reference sample data is paramount. In addition, good practice recommendations for assessing accuracy in the given image data is to implement a probability sampling design, to achieve the priority objectives of accuracy and apply the appropriate optimisation approaches for arriving at the better result.
The primary focus of this special issue is to disseminate the application of evolutionary computational intelligence approaches and bio-inspired optimisation techniques such as ant colony optimisation, particle swarm optimisation and so on in medical image processing. We aim to reveal the state-of-art development prevailing and new trends developing thereof, and to help researchers in this field to showcase their novel contributions and establish research avenues to pursue.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Application of genetic algorithm, ant colony optimisation, bacterial foraging optimisation algorithm and so on for based feature selection and classification
- Particle swarm optimisation for image extraction and change detection
- Simulated annealing based image classification strategies
- Use of artificial bee colony optimisation, glowworm swarm optimisation, cuckoo search algorithm (csa) and firefly approach for image synthesis and analysis
- Swarm intelligence techniques for bio-inspired image based computation
- Deep learning and convolutional neural networks for image processing
- Meta-heuristics, hybrid evolutionary algorithms and methods medical images
- Affective computing techniques for medical image processing
- Application of artificial immune system based optimisation approaches for medical image
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email the Guest Editor: Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of manuscripts: 1 February, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 July, 2017
Submission of revised papers: 1 September, 2017
Final versions due: 15 October, 2017