Special Issue on: "Soft Computing Techniques for Bio-Medical Signal and Image Processing"
Dr. Nagaraj Balakrishnan, Karpagam College of Engineering, India
Prof. Danilo Pelusi, University of Teramo, Italy
Dr. Joy I. -Z. Chen, Dayeh University, Taiwan
Bio medical signals have high significance towards a lot of applications. In recent decades, soft computing has emerged as a potential candidate for solving complex and intricate global optimisation problems, which are otherwise difficult to solve by traditional methods. At present image processing, signal processing, industrial optimisation, control system applications and power system application fields provide challenging results to be interpreted by researchers.
They are applying soft computing techniques for solving such problems. Some popular soft computing techniques for global optimisation includes genetic algorithms (GA), differential evolution (DE), ant colony optimisation (ACO), particle swarm optimisation (PSO), artificial bee colony (ABC), firefly algorithm (FFA) algorithm etc. These methods have been successfully applied to a wide range of benchmarks and real-world application problems. This special issue seeks to bring forward and highlight applications of soft computing for real world problems especially bio-medical signal and image processing. Authors are invited to submit their original and unpublished work to this special issue.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Engineering and Technology, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1D and 2D signal enhancement
- 1D and 2D signal filtering
- 2D signal clustering
- 2D signal denoising
- 2D signal encryption
- 2D signal restoration
- Adaptive, self-tuning and learning control systems
- Artificial Intelligence and expert systems
- Artificial neural networks in control
- Audio and video processing systems
- Biological learning control systems
- Biomedical signal and image processing
- Deep learning for recognition
- Design and implementation of signal processing techniques
- Distributed/decentralised intelligent control
- DSP models of human perception
- Evolutionary computation in control
- Intelligent control-based on neuro-fuzzy models
- Mathematical modelling and simulation
- Numerical solution based problem solving techniques
- Optimisation techniques for signal processing and multimedia
- Optimisation techniques of signal and multimedia
- Real-time intelligent control
- Remote sensing multimedia analysis
- Signal feature extraction
- Soft computing based digital filter design and implementation
- Soft computing based image and video processing
- Soft computing method for signal processing
- Soft computing methods for multimedia
- Supervised and unsupervised clustering
- Swarm intelligence, learning and control
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 May, 2017