Special Issue on: "Advances in Mobile Computing and Applications"
Per Hilletofth, Jönköping University, Sweden
Vittorio Rampa, IEIIT-CNR, Italy
Yean-Fu Wen and Chih-Chien Wang, National Taipei University, Taiwan
Chien-Chang Chen, Tamkang University, Taiwan
Today, mobile computing has been broadly deployed around the world to support mobile services and applications. However, emerging technologies such as advanced communication systems and networks, energy efficiency, fault tolerance, schedule and load balancing are still open issues for the pervasive adoption of the mobile computing paradigm. In addition, agent-based systems, human-computer interaction, multimedia communications and mobile cloud computing are important research areas able to play a key role in the efficient design and testing of mobile computing applications.
This special issue aims to collect significant contributions addressing innovative ideas, emerging technologies, methods and solutions for mobile computing systems and applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 4th International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Information Systems Research (ATISR 2014; 18-21 June, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan). However, we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this special issue.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following in the context of mobile computing and applications:
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks and genetic algorithms
- Computer and information science
- Advanced communication systems and networks
- Intelligent agent technology, agent-based systems
- Internet technologies and applications
- Mobile/wireless computing
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS models and applications
- Web engineering and applications
- Software engineering and information engineering
- Mobile cloud computing
- Web services and applications
- Mobile application development methods and tools
- Software performance
- Intrusion detection and malware protection
- Access control techniques and applications
- Information hiding and watermarking
- Digital rights management
- Image processing and pattern recognition
- Visual and multimedia computing
- Multimedia communications
- Multimedia compression
- Multimedia databases
- Multimedia applications
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Paper submission: 31 December, 2014
Decision notification: 30 April, 2015
Revised manuscript submission: 31 July, 2015
Final paper submission: 31 October, 2015