International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology
- Executive Editor
- Prof. Emeritus Lorna Uden
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJWET is a refereed international journal providing a forum and an authoritative source of information in the fields of web engineering and web technology. It is devoted to innovative research in the analysis, design, development, use, evaluation and teaching of web-based systems, applications, sites and technologies.
Topics covered include
- Requirements specification/analysis, design methods/models
- Architectural/design/navigation patterns, pattern mining, reuse, integration
- Application frameworks/architectures, processes, methodologies, testing
- Integration with legacy systems, migration of legacy systems to Web environments
- Managing system evolution/maintenance; performance monitoring, evaluation metrics
- Internet of Things [IoT] development and business models for IoT-based applications
- Service oriented computing and privacy protection/security issues in the IoT
- Web knowledge management, web agents, advanced hypermedia
- [Mobile] web services, service-based approaches; e-commerce and e-business
- Web engineering for wireless platforms
- User interface design issues, customisation/personalisation
- Web standards, usability, universal accessibility, Semantic Web
- Big data and knowledge management/innovation
- Big data theoretical development and business models of big data applications
- Social networks and network security
IJWET aims to provide an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas concerning theoretical, technical, practical, social and pedagogical issues, and to publish research of the highest quality and significance. It focuses on the evolution of the software engineering process and dedicated technologies, methods and models for web applications. It addresses all aspects from conception, analysis and design to implementation, performance evaluation and continued maintenance.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJWET publishes original papers, case studies, technical reports, conference reports, educational approaches, book reviews, commentaries and news items. All papers, case studies and educational approaches will undergo a rigorous peer review process.
IJWET is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJWET is listed in:
- AERES [French research evaluation agency] journal lists
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Uden, Lorna, Staffordshire University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Akoumianakis, Demosthene, Technological Education Institution of Crete (TEI-C), Greece
- Baez, Marcos, University of Trento, Italy
- Basso, Fábio Paulo, Universidade Federal do Pampa, Brazil
- Carvalho, Darlinton Barbosa Feres, Universidade Federal de São João del-Rei, Brazil
- Distante, Damiano, Unitelma Sapienza University, Italy
- Frasincar, Flavius, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Gan, Keng Hoon, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- He, Wu, Old Dominion University, USA
- Karabatis, George, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), USA
- Koliver, Cristian, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Koloniari, Georgia, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Kondylakis, Haridimos, Foundation of Research & Technology-Hellas (FORTH), Greece
- Lau, Eric Kin Wai, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lins, Fernando Antonio Aires, Federal Rural University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Marrara, Stefania, Consorzio C2T, Italy
- Moreno García, María N., University of Salamanca, Spain
- Rossi, Gustavo, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- Varlamis, Iraklis, Harokopio University of Athens, Greece
- Vassilakis, Costas, University of Peloponnese, Greece
- Veijalainen, Jari, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Viviani, Marco, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Wang, Xianzhi, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Yu, Hong Qing, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Zelenkov, Yuri, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation
- Zhu, Mingzhu, Apple Inc, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Validating medical information on social media
3 July, 2019
Medical information and healthcare advice abound on the internet, both genuine, science-based information as well as spurious and fake. Research published in the International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology, looks to using a crowd-sourcing approach to the validation of medication information on one particular niche of the internet – the well-known microblogging platform known as Twitter [...]More details...