Calls for papers
International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
Special Issue on: "User Interfaces and Interaction Models in Context-based Computing"
Salvatore Vitabile and Antonio Gentile, Università di Palermo, Italy
Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Japan
In recent years, advances in technology have enabled the development of mobile systems and applications that are increasingly present in our daily life. Non-invasive, pervasive and ubiquitous installations are sought today to respond to many application domains with human users at the centre.
The evolution of these technologies is expanding the coverage of mobile applications, systems and services. But context awareness requires devices sensing and reacting to environments and circumstances under which they are able to operate. To fulfil the potential of new services, applications and systems required by new mobile devices and platforms, several complex research issues on user interfaces and interaction models need to be further investigated.
This special issue seeks contributions of high quality papers addressing recent advances on user interfaces and interaction models in context-based computing. It will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at CISIS 2012 (see http://voyager.ce.fit.ac.jp/conf/cisis/2012/) or in one of its satellite workshops , but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers on the topics listed below.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Mobile applications and services
- Software architectures for mobile systems
- Hardware architectures for mobile systems
- Management and control of mobile systems
- Modelling and performance evaluation for mobile communications
- Communication and cooperation technologies through mobile systems
- Personalisation, privacy and security in mobile systems
- Pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- Mobile network management
- Mobile markets and business models
- Secure mobile applications
- Advanced interfaces for mobile systems
- Mobile access to web and database applications
- Mobile systems for biomedical applications
- Mobile systems for cultural heritage applications
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Submission Deadline: 8 November, 2012
First Notification of Acceptance: 31 March, 2013
Submission Deadline for Revised Version (with rebuttal letter): 30 April, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: 15 May, 2013
Final papers due: 30 May, 2013