Calls for papers
International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems
Special issue on: "Optimization and Learning: Theory, Algorithms and Applications"
Guest Editor: Prof. Hoai An Le Thi, Metz University, France
This special issue is designed to collect a range of high quality research papers in one of the topics of optimization and learning, from the theory to applications, and from sequential to parallel algorithms. Contributions to the solution of real-life problems are particularly appreciated.Subject Coverage
Topics of particular interest may include, but are not limited to:
- Recent developments from different optimization fields such as
- nonconvex programming
- global optimization
- D.C. (difference of convex functions) programming, etc.
- Methodological investigations and new algorithms related to
- pattern recognition
- machine learning and support vector machines
- statistical learning and kernel methods
- Application of advanced methods in specific domains such as
- transport logistics
- image processing
- text and web mining, etc.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission deadline: 31 January, 2011