Calls for papers
International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising
Special Issue on: "Social Media for Marketing and Advertising"
Guest Editor: Dr. Neil Hair, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
The advent of social media including hugely popular micro blogging services such as twitter, and online social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn, has had a profound impact on the world of marketing and advertising. Professionals are struggling to make sense of the business case for social media, the impact that viral user-generated content has on wider consumer perceptions, and how to proactively engage stakeholders. Accordingly, this call for papers is extremely timely, relevant, and of use to both academics and practitioners.
Potential contributions may include:
- Papers exploring strategic, tactical and implementation aspects of social media campaigns
- Theoretical or conceptual papers that explore the business case of social media
- Case studies of successful or unsuccessful organizational use of social media
- Methodologies for the study of social media in consumer or business contexts
- Ethical considerations of the use of social media for research
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Social media in business to business contexts
- Social media for collaboration
- Relationship marketing in social media spaces
- Managerial issues related to the control or governance of social media
- Strategies for engaging consumers in social media spaces
- Social media metrics for evaluating performance
- Integrated marketing/advertising communication issues of social media
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission of papers: 1 September, 2010 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: 1 December, 2010