Calls for papers
International Journal of Services, Economics and Management
Special Issue on: "Global Challenges for Hospitality, Travel and Tourism"
Guest Editor: Dr. Evangelos Christou, University of the Aegean, Greece
Nothing in today’s chaotic tourism, travel and hospitality environment stays the same for long - achieving and sustaining success, either in the private or the public sector, is a major challenge for all relevant stakeholders. At the same time, the tourism, travel and hospitality industries have been fully globalised and are interdependent with any major and minor development on economics and management around the world.
The search for success through planning for the competitive and globalised future and learning from the past is always with us, and its impacts of are critical importance for tourism, travel and hospitality management. Any stakeholder in tourism, travel and hospitality, and any industry practitioner, educator or researcher, is facing vital questions such as:
- How to prepare for the future?
- How to manage change?
- How to survive in the future?
- How to sustain development and growth?
- How to research for the future?
This special issue aims to foster state-of-the-art research in the area of hospitality, travel and tourism and is expected to focus on multidisciplinary aspects of these significant service industries by presenting fresh approaches and solutions to various challenges facing these service sectors.
The special issue will additionally select high quality papers from the 4th International Scientific Conference on Tourism, Travel & Hospitality to be held in Rhodes island in Greece the 3-5 April 2009.Subject Coverage
Examples of topics related to the overall theme include, but are not limited to:
- Challenges for education and tourism curriculum development issues
- Marketing and management approaches in tourism, travel and hospitality
- Human resources challenges for tourism enterprises
- Information and communication technology developments in the sector
- Tourism destination planning, development and management
- Finance and economics in tourism enterprises
- Service quality issues and visitor satisfaction
- Developments and approaches for hospitality operations management
- Travel and transportation in a globalised environment
- Challenges for management of alternative forms of tourism
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Draft submission deadline: 20 April, 2009
Final paper submission deadline: 20 June, 2009