Nordic Journal of Tourism
NJT is an open access journal that offers an international, peer-reviewed outlet for tourism studies with a focus on Nordic countries. The journal is an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academia, research institutions and firms in Nordic countries concerned with tourism and hospitality services. NJT also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of Nordic tourism to other destinations, e.g. Mediterranean countries.
NJT is an Open Access journal and article processing charges (APCs) apply.
Topics covered include∘ Nordic tourism marketing and management
- Environmentally responsible behaviour, environmentalism, green purchasing decisions and environmental consciousness in tourism
- Eco-friendly tourism attitudes and behaviour, theory of planned behaviour; trust, commitment, loyalty and tourist satisfaction
- Online review management
- Memorable tourism experiences, co-creation of tourist experiences, emotions, behavioural intentions, happiness and satisfaction
- Subjective well-being (quality of life, happiness, life satisfaction)
- Food tourism, rural tourism and wellness tourism (spas, healthy life)
- Sustainable tourism and ethicality in tourism
- Nordic countries' tourism, hospitality in tourism (restaurants and hotels as means of tourist satisfaction), package tourism versus high-quality tourism
- Nordic sports tourism, spa and conference tourism, boat and yacht tourism, beach tourism, swimming and sunshine tourism
- Measurement and expectations of service quality
- Service reliability
- Service/customer-dominant logic and customer relationship marketing
- Service relationships and service escape
- Service failure and recovery in a networked environment
- Sustainable and ethically orientated services firms
The objective of NJT is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academia, research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of tourism in society. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of tourism. The international dimension of Nordic countries is emphasised in order to cover different tourism themes within this specific geographic area and for other destinations, e.g. Mediterranean countries.
NJT is of interest to professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of tourism/services marketing, and provides a vehicle for them to disseminate information and learn from each other's work.
NJT publishes original empirical papers, insightful essays and practices, in-depth case studies, review papers, meta-analyses that result in theories and models, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Coudounaris, Dafnis N., University of Tartu, Estonia
- Björk, Peter, Hanken School of Economics, Finland
Editorial Board Members
- Apostolakis, Christos, Audencia Business School, France
- Apostolidis, Chrysostomos, University of Northumbria, UK
- Arslan, Ahmad, University of Oulu, Finland
- Christodoulides, Paul, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Chwialkowska, Agnieszka, University of West Georgia, USA
- Del Chiappa, Giacomo, University of Sassari, Italy
- Dutta, Anupam, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Farshid, Mana, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Foster, Tim, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Fotiadis, Anestis K., Zayed University, United Arab Emirates
- Fotiadis, Thomas, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Francioni, Barbara, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Italy
- Hatzithomas, Leonidas, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Kauppinen-Räisänen, Hannele, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Kozak, Metin, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey
- Kvasova, Olga, University of Central Lancashire Cyprus, Cyprus
- Papadopoulos, Nicolas G., Carleton University, Canada
- Pitt, Leyland F., Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Ratten, Vanessa, La Trobe University, Australia
- Salehi-Sangari, Esmail, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Scott, Noel, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia
- Shirazi, Seyedeh Fatemeh Mostafavi, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Sthapit, Sthapit, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Talias, Michael, Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Uddin, Gazi Salah, Linköping University, Sweden
- Vissak, Tiia, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Woodside, Arch G., Boston College, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- This is an Open Access-only journal. There is an article processing charge of US $700 to publish in this journal. You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.