International Journal of Web and Grid Services
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. David Taniar
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2023 1 (5 Year Impact Factor 3.8)
- CiteScore 2.5 (2022)
Web services are providing declarative interfaces to services offered by systems on the Internet, including messaging protocols, standard interfaces, directory services, as well as security layers, for efficient/effective business application integration. Grid computing has emerged as a global platform to support organisations for coordinated sharing of distributed data, applications, and processes. It has also started to leverage web services to define standard interfaces for business services. IJWGS addresses web and grid service technology, emphasising issues of architecture, implementation, and standardisation.
Topics covered include
- Web services modelling, performance
- Web Service frameworks, architectures, infrastructures
- Web semantics
- Web Services specification, discovery, security, quality
- Workflow planning/composition for grid services
- Software/reliability engineering
- Security for grid services
- Business semantics, metadata, ontologies in grids
- Grid service compatibility/integration/interoperability/policy/agents
- Intelligent services
- Grid service business models/applications
- Grid services/infrastructures, performance, testing, benchmarking
- Web services, semantic web
- Agent technology, web services/agents in grid infrastructure
- Grid convergence, confluence of service-oriented architectures
- Web Services modelling and performance
- Web Service frameworks, architectures, and infrastructures
- Web semantics
- Web Services specification and discovery
- Business process integration and management using Web Services
- Resource management and solution management
- Web Service security
- Web Services in e-Commerce
- Quality of Web Services
- Web Services case studies and applications
- Workflow planning and composition for Grid services (including languages, algorithms, resources, etc.)
- Software engineering (e.g. modelling, description, deployment, packaging, and distribution) for Grid Services
- Business semantics, meta data, and ontologies in Grids
- Grid service compatibility, interoperability, and policy
- Intelligent services and Grid Service agents
- Grid service business models and applications (e.g. in e-Business, e-Science, Enterprise, Telecom etc.)
- Security and reliability engineering in service Grids
- Performance issues, testing, and benchmarking of Grid Services and infrastructures
- Integration and interoperability of Grid Services and legacy systems
- Practical applications of Grid Computing
- Convergence of Web Services, Semantic Web, agent technology and the Grid
- Confluence of service-oriented architectures based on Web Services with Grid Computing
- Usage of Web Services and agents in a Grid infrastructure
- Grid based Web Services applications
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJWGS are to establish an effective channel of communication between decision makers, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the practical deployment of web services in industry. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of web services and grid services. By tackling issues of current research, standardisation, and deployment, it brings together people from both academia and industry. By allowing them to share new ideas and exchange best practice approaches, it creates a vital resource for both to drive future work and leverage web service usage. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
IJWGS provides a vehicle to help industry professionals, academics, researchers and decision makers, working in the field of web service and grid services, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJWGS is devoted to the publications of high quality papers on theoretical developments and practical applications in web services and grid services. Original research papers, state-of-the-art reviews, and technical notes are invited for publications.
IJWGS accepts paper submission of any work relevant to web services and grid services. Special attention will be given to papers focusing on integration between web and grid services. Special Issues devoted to important topics in web and grid service technologies will occasionally be published.
IJWGS is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Francis (INIST-CNRS)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJWGS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Taniar, David, Monash University, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Amato, Flora, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Bouguettaya, Athman, University of Sydney, Australia
- Chang, Elizabeth, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Dustdar, Schahram, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Elhoseny, Mohamed, American University in the Emirates, United Arab Emirates
- Fensel, Dieter, University of Innsbruck, Austria, and University of Galway, Ireland
- Hung, Patrick, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Kacsuk, Peter, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Rahayu, Wenny, La Trobe University, Australia
- Son, Le Hoang, Vietnam National University, Vietnam
- Talia, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Wang, Shangguang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Zhao, J. Leon, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Zhou, Xiaofang, University of Queensland, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.