International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Mohamad Qatu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1
IJVNV has been established as an international authoritative reference in the field. It publishes refereed papers that address vehicle noise and vibration from the perspectives of customers, engineers and manufacturing.
Topics covered include
- Vehicle noise measurement and instrumentation
- Vehicle noise analysis including SAE, FEA, CFD, vibro-acoustics, wave modelling and other tools
- Subjective response, human perception and sound quality
- Powertrain and components noise and vibration
- Front-end accessory drive noise and vibration
- Electromechanical noise and vibration
- Tyre and road noise
- Brake and chassis systems
- Squeal and rattle
- Aeroacoustics including wind noise
- Sound materials, active noise and holography
- Mounts and shock absorbers
- Body interior noise
- Vehicle noise and vibration standards
IJVNV aims to focus on noise and vibration in automotive engineering, both analytical and experimental. It covers passenger vehicles, including off-road/recreational vehicles.
Engineers, technologists, researchers, scientists, specialists, managers in the automotive industry, as well as academicians working in university research including professors, post-doctoral researchers and students . Engineers and officials in various governmental agencies.
IJVNV publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, vehicle and component manufacturers| information, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be made by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJVNV is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environment Index (EBSCO)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Technology and Management [TEMA] (WTi Frankfurt)
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJVNV is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Abdelhamid, M.K., USA
Editor in Chief
- Qatu, Mohamad, Eastern Michigan University, USA
Regional Editor Asia Pacific
- Faris, Waleed F., International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
Regional Editor Europe
- Ouyang, Huajiang, University of Liverpool, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Chen, Gang (Sheng), Marshall University, USA
- Genuit, Klaus, Head Acoustics GmbH, Germany
- Giacomin, Joseph, Brunel University, UK
- Leuridan, Jan, LMS International, Belgium
- Lim, Teik C., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Pang, Jian, Changan Automobile Co. Ltd., China
- Rao, Mohan D., Tennessee Tech University, USA
- Selamet, Ahmet, The Ohio State University, USA
- Vantsevich, Vladimir V., University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- Wang, Wenchao, IDC ENGINEERING, USA
- Wang, Xu, RMIT University, Australia
- Zude, Zhou, Wuhan University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.