International Journal of Structural Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Ing. Wei-Liang Jin
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.8 (2021)
Structural engineering is commonly considered a speciality within civil engineering, but it also includes any discipline which has a structural system. This field includes the analysis, design, plan, and research of structural components and structural systems. IJStructE is set up to report the relevant generic studies in this field.
Topics covered include
- Analytical/design methods
- Blast engineering
- Bridges, tall buildings
- Case studies
- Fire engineering
- Infrastructure engineering
- Innovative structures
- Life assessment/durability
- New construction materials
- Repairs, strengthening, maintenance
- Structure-fluid-soil interaction
- Structural health monitoring, safety, reliability
- Testing technologies
- Vibration, impact/structural dynamics
- Wind/earthquake engineering
IJStructE aims to provide an international forum for research in the structural engineering. Particularly welcome are those latest development in the theory, experimental and design method relate to engineering structures such as buildings, bridges, offshore platforms, etc.
IJStructE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, and researchers working in the field of structural engineering, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJStructE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, book reviews, commentaries, and news. Papers on theory, experiment, design, etc., are published and it is expected that many papers will contain aspects of all three. Special Issues devoted to important topics in structural engineering will be occasionally published.
IJSTRUCTE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJSTRUCTE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Jin, Wei-Liang, Zhejiang University, China
- Gong, Fuyuan, Zhejiang University, China
- Chen, Ju, Zhejiang University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Basheer, Muhammed, Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- Cai, C.S., Louisiana State University, USA
- Cremona, Christian, Laboratoire Central Des Ponts Et Chaussees, France
- Dong, Shi-Lin, Zhejiang University, China
- Kim, Sang-Hyo, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Knippers, Jan, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Leung, C.K.Y., Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Li, Jie, Tongji University, China
- Li, Long-yuan, University of Plymouth, UK
- Lu, Yong, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Lv, Zhi-Tao, Southeast University, China
- Melchers, Robert E, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Mohammadi, Jamshid, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Nie, Jian-Guo, Tsinghua University, China
- Ohmori, Hiroshi, Nagoya University, Japan
- Ou, Jin-Ping, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Teng, Jin-Guang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Ueda, Tamon, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Xiao, Yan, University of Southern California, USA
- Yang, Judy P., National Chiao Tung Unversity, Taiwan, Province of China
- Yang, Yeong-Bin, Chongqing University, China
- Yokota, Hiroshi, Hokkaido University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.