International Journal of Services, Economics and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Natalia Kryvinska
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.6 (2022)
IJSEM proposes and fosters discussion on empirical and theoretical work on services economics and management. The journal seeks to provide a bridge between those conducting research on service economics and management on the one hand, and those working in the areas of service sectors on the other.
Topics covered include
- Public service management, policy, comparisons, evaluation
- Public economics
- Service concepts, strategies, marketing and innovation
- Service operation and simulation
- New service development and process design
- Service supporting facilities, customer relationship management
- Service supply chain management
- Service project and quality management
- Service system design, operations, management, security, reliability
- ICT in services, e-commerce
- Service delivery, deployment, maintenance
- Human resources management in services
- Relationship between manufacturing and services
- Service in-housing versus outsourcing decisions
- Services in society, ethics and culture
The objectives of IJSEM are to encourage original scientific contributions on the challenges of economic and management issues in service sectors, with particular emphasis on the application of economic theory and management science and methods of quantitative analysis. It aims to draw together and learn lessons from the development of service sectors across the world, and provides a forum for discussion of service sectors of interest to an international readership.
IJSEM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. It is aimed at all practitioners and researchers in service sectors. It will also be of interest to anyone involved in provision of service programmes, the management of service organisations and those who contribute to service systems in any way.
IJSEM publishes original papers, reviews and short reports on all aspects of the economics, management science, and qualitative and quantitative methods used to study economic and management issues of the service sector.
IJSEM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSEM is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Kryvinska, Natalia, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Calhoun, Jennifer, Coastal Carolina University, USA
- Fedushko, Solomiia, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine
- Iwendi, Celestine, University of Bolton, UK
- Reddy Gadekallu, Thippa, Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Wong Ooi Mei, Amy, Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore
Editorial Board Members
- Čajkova, Andrea, University of St. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Slovakia
- Bogalska-Martin, Ewa, University of Grenoble Alpes, France
- Chan, Felix T.S., Macau University of Science and Technology, Macao
- Idrus, Nirwan, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Kumar, Vikas, Birmingham City University, UK
- Lokshina, Izabella, SUNY Oneonta, USA
- Marasco, Alessandra, Institute of Heritage Science, Italy
- Mura, Ladislav, University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Mutum, Dilip, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Otenyo, Eric E., Northern Arizona University, USA
- Pellat, Ghislaine, University of Grenoble Alpes, France
- Prochazka, Jakub, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Ramayah, Thurasamy, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Wu, Jintao, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Yannopoulou, Natalia-Helen, Newcastle University, UK
- Zhezhukha, Volodymyr, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.