International Journal of Sustainable Economy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Egon Žižmond
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.5 (2021)
At the beginning of 21st century the sustainability concept was mainly a basis for developing policies consistent with a continued use of resources into the future without causing environmental crisis. But the situation has evolved, and the global economic crisis in 2009 was the ultimate consequence of short-term economic thinking. We need a new form of economic development, addressing the needs of the present without undermining the needs of the future. IJSE addresses sustainability issues within economic theory and analysis.
Topics covered include
- Business fluctuation/cycles
- Econometric/mathematical modelling of economic processes
- Economic growth and development
- Enterprise development
- Environmental economics
- Finance, finance institutions, corporative finance
- Fiscal policy
- Industrial organisation, market structure, competition
- Innovation, competitive advantage, knowledge management
- International trade and globalisation
- Labour and demographic economics
- Law and economics
- Monetary policy, money supply/credit
- Public economics, welfare
- Relations between consumption, saving, investment
The objective of IJSE is to publish research papers which analyse all aspects of sustainable economic growth and development and to offer researchers and professionals the opportunity to discuss the most demanding issues regarding the sustainable economy.
IJSE should be of interest to a broad interdisciplinary audience including academics, researchers, practitioners, business managers and consultants, policy makers and public administrators in local, provincial and state government.
IJSE publishes original and review papers, technical reports, and case studies.
IJSE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSE is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Žižmond, Egon, University of Primorska, Slovenia
Editorial Board Members
- Adamczewski, Piotr, WSB University in Poznań, Poland
- Atukeren, Erdal, Business School Lausanne and Swiss Business School, Switzerland
- Bekő, Jani, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Bojnec, Štefan, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Borghesi, Simone, European University Institute and University of Siena, Italy
- Brada, Josef C., Arizona State University and CERGE, USA
- Çevik, Emrah İsmail, Tekirdağ Namik Kemal University, Turkey
- Dimitrova, Vesselina, University of Economics-Varna, Bulgaria
- Fertő, Imre, Institute of Economics Centre for Economic and Regional Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Gallucci, Teodoro, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
- Gulev, Rune Ellemose, Kiel University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Gurgul, Henryk, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Inotai, András, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Jagrič, Timotej, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Karman, Agnieszka, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kračun, Davorin, University of Maribor and Republic of Slovenia Fiscal Council, Slovenia
- Lagioia, Giovanni, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Mączyńska, Elżbieta, Polish Economic Society, Poland
- Malindžák, Dušan, Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
- Milfelner, Borut, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Mitra, Sovan, University of Westminster, UK
- Muñoz-Torres, María J., University Jaume I, Spain
- Neck, Reinhard, Klagenfurt University, Austria
- Novak, Matjaž, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Ortas, Eduardo, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Phiri, Andrew, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Šušteršič, Janez, RE-FORMA Research and Development, Slovenia
- Wohlgemuth, Norbert, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Zhu, Zhiwei, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
COVID-19 and environmental, social, and governance investment
10 October, 2022
Research published in the International Journal Sustainable Economy looks at the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing in India. Peeyush Bangur and Ruchi Bangur of the Women's Institute for Studies in Development Oriented Management (WISDOM) in Banasthali Vidyapith in Banasthali, Rajasthan, Pratima Jain of the Prestige Institute of Management and Research in Indore (MP), and Abhikrati Shukla of the Shri Vaishnav Institute of Management also in Indore (MP), India, looked at ESG investment data for the period 2017 to 2021 with a particular poignancy on the point at which the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2 was first recognised in China in the December of 2019 [...]More details...
6 July, 2022
There is increasing awareness of the problems facing the world if we continue to eat meat at the rate many people do. There is a powerful movement to urge people to become demivegetarian or wholly vegetarian and a parallel movement promoting veganism. However, many people enjoy meat and while they may recognise the issues, many are unwilling to change their habits. A radical approach to tackling the issues from another direction is discussed in the International Journal of Sustainable Economy. Stefan Mann of Swiss agricultural research establishment, Agroscope in Ettenhausen, puts forward the argument that animal production itself should be taxed. This would put pressure on those who rear livestock to switch to other sources of income or else face being priced out of the food market when vegetarian options become the more affordable option, and perhaps only option, for consumers. The approach would, Mann suggests, ultimately reduce animal density in agriculture globally [...]More details...