International Journal of Public Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.7 (2022)
IJPP addresses public policy issues facing nation states and national/supranational organisations, including governments, and how these approach and solve common public policy problems. It highlights governance, accountability, creation of wealth/wellbeing, and implications policy choices have on nation states and citizens, acknowledging that public policy choice/execution is complex, has ramifications on the welfare of citizens, and that, despite national differences, the actions of nation states are constrained by policies determined by supranational bodies, some not directly accountable to any international body.
Topics covered include
- Emerging issues:
- linkages with economic/political/social problems
- role of supranational organisations in shaping objectives/outcomes
- Implementation issues: critiques/reports/solutions, international comparisons, analyses of successes/failures
- Role of supranational organisations in shaping public policy outcomes:
- UN, EU, OECD, World Bank, IMF
- non-governmental bodies e.g. international accounting/legal firms and supporting organisations
- Ramifications on third world countries of public policies adopted in the developed world
- Role of economic and other theories in shaping public policy development/implementation
The objectives of IJPP are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of public policy in society. It also aims to promote and disseminate reflection on debates and critiques of developments in the field of public policy, including factors impacting governance, accountability, and the determination and implementation of policy. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural, political, economic and national barriers, and to meet the needs of policy makers.
IJPP provides a vehicle to help governments, parliaments, public servants, professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers and those implementing public policy to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJPP publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Public Polcy will occasionally be published.
IJPP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPP is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Heise, Arne, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, Fudan University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Adams, Carol, Monash University, Australia
- Arestis, Philip, University of Cambridge, UK
- Arvin, Mak B., Trent University, Canada
- Elsner, Wolfram, University of Bremen, Germany
- Friedman, Lee S., University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Fritsche, Ulrich, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Grözinger, Gerd, University of Flensburg, Germany
- Haynes, Kingsley E., George Mason University, USA
- Herr, Hansjörg, Berlin School of Economics, Germany
- Hodge, Graeme, Monash University, Australia
- Hyndman, Noel, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Keller, Berndt, University of Constance, Germany
- Mol, Arthur P.J., Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Van der Meer, Frits M., Leiden University, Netherlands
- Wan, Thomas T.H., University of Central Florida, USA
- Wei, Yi-Ming, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China
- West, Darrell M., The Brookings Institution, USA
- Xue, Lan, Tsinghua University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.